How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 32986
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Area of legal expertise needed - Colorado Labor law In the

Customer Question

Area of legal expertise needed - Colorado Labor law
In the State of Colorado, if you sign a paper that you voluntarily leave your job, doesn't this disqualify you for unemployment compensation? Please quote the legal statute which supports your answer.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Voluntary separation is grounds for declaring an individual ineligible for unemployment benefits pursuant to Colorado Statute 8-73-108, which provides "...each eligible individual who is unemployed through no fault of his own shall be entitled to receive a full award of benefits; and that every person has the right to leave any job for any reason, but that the circumstances of his separation shall be considered in determining the amount of benefits he may receive, and that certain acts of individuals are the direct and proximate cause of their unemployment, and such acts may result in such individuals receiving a disqualification."

So, merely signing that they resign will not, in and of itself, disqualify them. They could still be eligible if they had good cause for resigning, such as "hostile work environment".

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

I will make an offer for premium service.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Related Legal Questions