How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Unable to mediate with a law firm representing a credit

Customer Question

Unable to mediate with a law firm representing a credit union over a credit card debt. This law firm added in the name of my x-wife who I divorced 15 years ago so that they could place husband and wife onto the CIVIL SUMMONS. After filing an Answer to Civil Complaint with a copy of a court document showing divorce and a date of 1991, I received an ORDER OF DISMISSAL. During the hearing on this case the judge ordered mediation. During mediation the attorney refused to remove husband and wife from the heading of the Stipulated Order and other documents. I had no other choice but to stop mediation. I am disabled and need to get this case closed so I can sell my house move into a assisted living facility.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####