How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41569
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgment in Maryland the attorney is now asking the

Customer Question

I have a judgment in Maryland the attorney is now asking the court for a triple certificate of judgment....... what does this mean to me in Florida?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Here they are preparing to record this s a foreign judgment in Florida once the Maryland Court issues the certified judgment.They can then file it as foreign judgement and try to enforce in Florida.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What can they do to enforce it? They did nothing in Maryland and this is from 2011?
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

They can garnish wages in Florida , seek sale of anything not exempt. The can garnish bank accounts.These kinds of things.Doesn't matter if it is 5 years old if they renewed it.You can file Chapter 7 here to discharge it in bankruptcy.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

I can do unlimited chat here, not yet set up for calls.You accept and ask away be here all evening.