How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just have a quick question if something is worth pursuing.

Customer Question

Hi. I just have a quick question if something is worth pursuing.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I work in Enfield, CT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just happened yesterday
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 10 months ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have been working for a company for 12 years. They are closing our location in December -and they encouraged us to apply foe jobs within the company. So, i did this and now they want me yo take 25 minute personality test. The disturbing part is that before I get to the questions there is prefilled info with my name and gender. There is no option to not report my gender. If I was outside the company trying to be hired I don't think they can ask about mu gender. But, now after 12 years they can take this into accoubt when I am tryingg to move within the company. Is this legal?
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 10 months ago.

The personality test would be legal, however if you feel that you may be discriminated against due to your gender, or that the questions asked you are discriminatory, you can file a civil rights complaint against the employer.

Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 10 months ago.

The Commission’s Central Office is located at:


Hartford, CT###-##-####/p>

860/(###) ###-####/p>

Connecticut Toll Free 1-***-***-****

Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 10 months ago.

If you are not rehired or given a chance to work at the employers office, and you feel it was due to your gender, you should file a complaint with the civil rights office listed above.

Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 10 months ago.

Good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you