Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I would like to know if anyone here practices in the area of

Customer Question

I would like to know if anyone here practices in the area of legal malpractice.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: NV
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what questions you have about legal malpractice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have quite a few. But can you please tell me first how this site works. It's been a while since I used it. I'd like to know on the average how much a session costs and how long can you keep the Q&A open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I leave and come back at a later time or do I need to stay glued to the computer to be able to ask follow up questions?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

You do not at all need to be glued, come back whenever it is for convenient for you. Note, I too will have some delays on my end. You generally ask a question and then we can do followup until you are satisfied with the answer. Just need to stick generally to the same topic for the followups for understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of my questions is about the statute of limitations for legal malpractice particularly the discovery rule. For breach of duty, if the statute has expired on a wrongful act of negligence that you think your lawyer might have committed and at a later time you discovered another material fact that constitute breach of duty that is still within the statute of limitation and repose, can still file a suit? Can you still allege the first breach that expired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If a case was settled prior to the trial, I've read that the the entry of the settlement triggers the statute, is that correct? And also that it cannot accrue prior to the settlement, is that right?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I would like to cancel this question please.