How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering if i need a lawyer if i receive a supoena to

Customer Question

i was wondering if i need a lawyer if i receive a supoena to go to court
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i'm being called as a witness, but did not witness the crime , and was not told anything about it and charges have been filed on the accused
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I think you should probably hire an attorney who can file a motion to quash your deposition so that you do not have to testify. If you have no knowledge of the case, the court will likely grant it.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars ore more would be greatly appreciated. Bonuses are also welcome.