Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can a will be contested 14 years after proceeds were

Customer Question

Can a will be contested 14 years after proceeds were distributed?
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

No, that is well past the 120 day limit from when the will is admitted to probate for it to be contested. So there is no legal way to contest a will that old once it has been probated and the estate assets distributed and the estate closed.

.

Someone who wants to contest a will has to do so in a timely manner or they lose that right.

.

.

thanks