How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In February of 2013 I reached the age to enroll in MEDICARE.

Customer Question

In February of 2013 I reached the age to enroll in MEDICARE. I paid my premiums out of pocket until I went onto Spousal Benefit in March of 2014. My Premiums were taken out of my benefit until March 2015. Then I went off of spousal and returned to paying premiums as billed out of pocket. My monthly bill was $104.90 (I am a TRICARE For Life Member).
Then In November 2015 I received a Bill For $2,937.20. This was an overcharge of $2,832,30. I questioned the bill to both Social Security and to MEDECARE but they both would not help.
I paid the bill for fear of losing my benefitsSince that time I have made*****calls between the High Resolution MEDICARE enter and Social Security Eastern US Division. Although I have had two members tell me that the bill was wrong; nothing has been done to correct it.I went to the NBC4 help team last month – they were able to get me a copy of my statement from the Chicago MEDICARE office. This provided that I had never been credited for the payments made while on Spousal Benefit (although I have the SSA-1099s to prove it). It also showed a $1450 overcharge error.Then NBC4 said they could do nothing more to assist.My account shows that I am ahead in payments with a positive balance of $ 2,339.20.Then on I September I received an October Bill for $3,066.30. This is insane I will not pay this bill. It is clearly in error.I need your help to RESOLVE this error on their part.I am happy to answer any question you may have .My personal Cell is(###) ###-####JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Virginia - November 2015
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: In my message I describe the filings and reports. Plus the 14 3-way calls
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have supporting documentes for all of my comments
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####