How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have legal custody of my 24 year old son who is in the 7th

Customer Question

I have legal custody of my 24 year old son who is in the 7th month of an involuntary hospital stay. He is set to be released at the end of the month and there is no suoervised group housing available. He suffers from SPMI and has been hospitalized most of the last seven years. Supervised group housing is almost impossible to find although we have searched for years. He is safe and functions in this hospital setting. How can I appeal the decision to release him, and ask that he remain there until other options are available or until such time as he doesn't need mental health services.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) On whose request was he initially committed (county, yours, etc)?

2) What state is this in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.