Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My health plan has been deducted from my social security

Customer Question

My health plan has been deducted from my social security checks for years. Now I have been taken off. How can I get back on?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have tried talking to ssi,medicare and healthnet(insurance. No one admits to taking me off, but someone did.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your insurance was canceled? What is SSA saying about reinstating it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No not cancelled! My payments were being held out of my ssi check and someone stopped the action. I want to get back to having the monthly payment for my health insurance withheld from my ssi and nobody says it has anything to do with it. Is there help for me?
Thank you for your reply.
Under the easy pay option, SS is supposed to deduct your health insurance premiums from your benefits if you request it. This can stop if you change insurers and you have to request it again. So you need to contact the insurer and also SS about easy pay for them to reinstate the automatic payments. That is a convenience for recipients and you need to speak to a supervisor at SS if you cannot get one of their service center employees to get the payment deductions started again.