How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27198
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hope, OHIO, nope, am good

Customer Question

I hope
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: OHIO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: am good
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. can you please share with me what your question is?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a car dealer that is refusing to release my tittle, what can I do?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Why are they doing this? Is there any issue with money?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I filled bankruptcy 3 years ago and I just got released back in June....he said I still owe them 1500 when I don't
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Why are they claiming you owe them money? Do you have proof that they have been paid in full?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the release letter from the bankruptcy attorney
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. If they have a legal obligation to release the title and convey it to you, making you the sole owner, then your BK should start by sending them a demand letter, advising of the same. It needs to be shown that they have to turn it over to you, that you do not owe them anything and the vehicle belongs to you. If they fail to do so, the next step would be to proceed through the State, file a complaint and get them involved. You should file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office. They will work with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and the dealership to get your title. They also administer a program called the Title Defect Rescission Fund. If the dealer participates in the fund, consumers who fail to receive titles within 40 days of the purchase are protected.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!