Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I hope, OHIO, nope, am good

Customer Question
I hope JA: What state are...
I hope
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: OHIO
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: am good
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. can you please share with me what your question is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a car dealer that is refusing to release my tittle, what can I do?

Why are they doing this? Is there any issue with money?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I filled bankruptcy 3 years ago and I just got released back in June....he said I still owe them 1500 when I don't

Why are they claiming you owe them money? Do you have proof that they have been paid in full?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the release letter from the bankruptcy attorney

Thank you. If they have a legal obligation to release the title and convey it to you, making you the sole owner, then your BK should start by sending them a demand letter, advising of the same. It needs to be shown that they have to turn it over to you, that you do not owe them anything and the vehicle belongs to you. If they fail to do so, the next step would be to proceed through the State, file a complaint and get them involved. You should file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office. They will work with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and the dealership to get your title. They also administer a program called the Title Defect Rescission Fund. If the dealer participates in the fund, consumers who fail to receive titles within 40 days of the purchase are protected.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney