Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
95838073

How early and how late in the day may they call?

Customer Question

how early and how late in the day may they call?
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Are you referring to debt collectors? If so, they may not call before 8am or call after 9pm in your timezone. Just for reference, as you mentioned it is too expensive to file for bankruptcy, the federal courts have options for people unable to afford the filing fees to apply for a waiver, or to arrange for an installment payment plan of the fees. If you have simple consumer debts, it is possible to file everything yourself. You can also try to seek assistance from any local law schools who may offer clinics or check with your local state's bar association for anyone who may volunteer these types of services. Be sure to also check out this list of debt collection rights for consumers.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please kindly rate my answer and accept it. This is the only way Just Answer compensates experts for their time. I'm happy to answer any followup questions you may have. Thank you.