Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I went to visit my girl friend in a inpatient drug

Customer Question

I went to visit my girl friend in a inpatient drug rehabilitation program and the staff there were verbally abusive and very unprofessional to the point that i ask to speak to the director of the program.He was more unprofessional then the employees who bully me by telling me if i don't like how he is doing his job then leave.I told the direct what he said and he agreed with and told me that i'm not aloud on the premises and call the cops.now i cant visit my girl friend and i'm her only support system.I spoke with my girl friend and she told me she is being abuse and harassed by staff i ask her what are they doing to her she told me she is being strip search and,lock down for days at a time.I did some research and find out that this place also house parolees on work release and mental patients the place is call Gaudenzia house.She,s being subject to the same rules as the parolees far as governing rules for discipline when she is a inpatient for drug abuse I also find out that there,s parolees there for violating there parole for the use of drugs.I would truly appreciate if i can get some help with this matter.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is she being violated or harassed and can i do any thing about the situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any legal action i can take.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello you didnt answer my question

Thank you for your follow up.

Please be patient, as I am unable to respond to each JustAnswer.com customer right away, due to the fact that I might be helping another customer, researching an answer or had to step away from my computer.

Was your girlfriend voluntarily committed to this rehab center?

Since you are not legally related to your girlfriend, does she have any close relatives?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she volunteer to go to inpattient program she has insurance also she has close relatives

Thank you for your follow up.

Is anyone or anything preventing your g/f from leaving this rehab facility?

Please clarify.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
know

Thank you for your follow up.

Please clarify.