How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19125
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in jail and went to sleep and woke up in a hospital

Customer Question

I was in jail and went to sleep and woke up in a hospital didn't know what happened when I got back to the jail the other inmates that were in my same pod said I was beaten up by three girls they put me in the infirmary for medical for two days then let me go home for 5 days then came and got me and put me back in jail now I'm having medical problems and also am getting bills from the hospital they took me to is there anything I can do
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about this.

You would need an Attorney who handle prison rights issues to assist you with the case. The jail was to supposed ensure your safety and it failed. The State should be responsible for your medical bills and for your damages. A prison rights Attorney should know how to file a claim. If you have an Attorney now, you should let the Attorney know what happened and if the Attorney cannot help you then the Attorney should refer you to another Attorney.

You may also contact National Lawyers Guild. They are specialists in jailhouse law.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Legal Questions