How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the single owner of an LLC, recently, I gave an equity

Customer Question

I am the single owner of an LLC, recently, I gave an equity stake (called 'Economic interest') to a business partner in a online project, but, in the last five months, that partner has not communicated with me and I want to resend that stake before I launch.
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, I filed paper work and he signed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's the gist. What will this cost me ?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: okay, $5 up front. And the lawyers fee is???
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 11 months ago.

Hello there --


The lawyer's "fee" is actually an additional fee to Just Answer of 40 dollars of which the lawyer gets a small portion of it.


Can I ask you if this person was supposed to contribute money or anything else to your LLC ? Did they do so after signing the paperwork>