How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passes 4 months ago, and of now, I haven't heard

Customer Question

My husband passes 4 months ago, and of now, I haven't heard any thing as to changing my social security to my husbands because his is more than mine. What am I to do, I did go the ss about a month ago, and they said so far they me about 3000.00 dollars.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in FL.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, but thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My condolences on the passing of your husband. You said that you went to Social Security, but I don't understand what you say they told you. Please clarify that, and let me know what question you have about it. I will advise you in advance though that I am unable to do actual Social Security computations. Only the Social Security office can do those.