Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been married almost 25 years. I have been with this

Customer Question
Good evening , I...
Good evening , I have been married almost 25 years . I have been with this man for 30 . He went to college on a baseball scholarship but I paid for every date . Which sounds absurd . We. Have two kids 22 and 18 . He had told me I have to move out of our 275,000 home because I have no money no education past high school . Please help me .
Jenny
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
9/16/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am so sorry to hear that. Did you acquire the house during your marriage? If so then you are a joint owner as marital property. He has no right to kick you out. Can my suggestion would be that you consult with a local family law attorney who can help you in pursuing a legal separation or divorce am getting spousal support unit on a temporary basis.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we bought the home while married only 15 years ago .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He told me to leave since I do not like this house . But that he would call a lawyer to give me as little as possible . I'm so lost and paid 58.00 for this . I really need the help

What specific questions do you have? He is bluffing the judges usually do not act on their whims. You are a joint owner of the home.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I sent the measage To wrong person. Im so sorry can u retrieve it please ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please advise me . He told me since I have been a housewife for 22 years . That I could not afford anything
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that I was welcome to leave due to the fact that I did not have a college education nor did I have a job due to being a house wife
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why would my my spousal support be temporary????

It would be temporary until the divorce was finalized and then you would get your permanent division of assets and spousal support.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer