How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an individual in a state run nursing home is "assigned" a

Customer Question

If an individual in a state run nursing home is "assigned" a power of attorney by the "court house", is this information public record?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a notice of application for issue of tax deed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the issue is regarding a home that will be going into possible foreclosure and I am interested in purchasing it
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

I'm a little confused because Powers of Attorney are only granted by the person, they aren't "assigned" by a court. A court can assign an Attorney ad Litem or a Guardian ad Litem but not really a Power of Attorney.

Who told you that a Power of Attorney had been assigned a Power of Attorney?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
a sibling and a neighbor. the sibling is living in the house and has received a 3rd eviction notice. the property owner is in the nursing home.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the assigned Attorny ad Litem or Guardian ad Litem something that is public record?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I contact the local clerk of courts for this information?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

My guess is that they are getting the terms confused. The assignment of anyone, in this case almost certainly an ad litem, it will be public record.

You can try the clerk of courts but many times they won't look it up for you, they will require you to come up there and look through the files.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I just wanted to know where to start.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

You're very welcome. That would be the place and then the file will probably be in the person's name.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.