How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do have a question but I'm concerned about how much the

Customer Question

I do have a question but I'm concerned about how much the answer would cost.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK, disregard. Thank you.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: An eviction
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a stipulation filed, the tenant broke it
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

*Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

*What have you tried on this front so far?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Filed eviction papers last month. The owner made a deal, (stipulation?) and the tenant broke it. I filed a motion for the judge to grant a writ of restitution, no answer yet. My question is, do I have the right to enter that apartment to check for damages?
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

CO does not have a specific statute that governs right of entry.

So first check the lease on this issue. A reasonable notice requirement for access to the rental property should be addressed in the lease. A commonly used privacy clause allows a landlord access to the rental property at reasonable times and with reasonable notice to the tenant to make necessary repairs or reasonable inspections. Additionally, a landlord has the right to enter a rental unit without notice in emergencies.

If a lease does not include a written clause specifying when the landlord can enter a rental property, a tenant has exclusive use of the property and does not have to allow the landlord access. However, if a tenant refuses to allow the landlord entry, the tenant assumes all liability for damages and repairs to the rental unit, as well as consequential damage to other units.

You can also try to schedule a pest control spraying to get indirect access to the premises.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.