Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I went to a Arquitect and ing. office to make a set of plans

Customer Question

I went to a Arquitect and ing. office to make a set of plans ,pull permits on the city of Homestead,FL and start manufacturing them, a get the plans and a email with structural approval and i started to manufacture, two months latter I get a email with a total different structure and they set that the first do not meet code.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: are they responsible for all the cost until now that is going to the trash?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how long it will take to get that money in my pocket after going tors his professional Insurance?
JA: Not for this question, but they might if you need additional services. You'll have to ask the Lawyer about that.
Customer: ok
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they provided plans that were not to code and you began acting on those plans because you reasonably relied on the plans being correct then yes indeed they are liable for the damage you incurred as a result of relying on their negligently done plans. This would be negligence or malpractice on their part and they are liable for all of those damages.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can we go after the professional Insurance?
If he has malpractice insurance then they would generally cover this negligence
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how long it will take to get that money in my pocket after going tors his professional Insurance?
It all depends on his insurer and whether or not they fight the claim. It could be anywhere from 45 days to a year or more.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In your opinion :how long it will take to get that money in my pocket after going tors his professional Insurance?
I told you above it would generally take 45 days to a year or more to resolve. That means money in your hand
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the redundancy , I'm going to lose everything I have on this process just because they have money and I am pour, thanks for your answers , I may give up ....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you tel me where I can find the laws that will protect me in this case so I can read to defend my self?I am Very grateful for all,
Thanksand keep helping people GBY
This is a breach of contract case not a statute. Breach of contract and negligence are common law causes of action and they are liable. Most times if this is what they did and you prove that they gave you a negligently done set of plans most of these cases settle quickly.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lets say that I loos the case, can you do a educated guess of my costs by the end of the process ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THANKS AGAIN!!!!
:)I'm an old man with not much strength to fight . I wish you the best in your career .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
do you have any estimated for the last question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would you take my case?
Thank you for your reply.

We are not allowed by state law to provide legal representation or referrals, the best we can suggest for a local attorney are the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

Typically, the attorneys will negotiate a fee which would be partly a contingency, meaning they get paid based off what they get you in the suit plus your costs, which would generally be about a $2000 retainer.

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.