Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Live in Fremont in community where houses are next to each

Customer Question

Live in Fremont in community where houses are next to each other, i had to move to this community because of my commute. I was living in Castro Valley where we had a large yard and lot of room for my dog and fabulous neighbors who loved our dog.
We moved in last year, right after moving in one of our neighbor who is in his 60s starting complaining about our dog barking. we bought a collar and other equipment for our dog not to Bark.
we were not aware of the fact that our neighbor hate dogs and can't tolerate the presence of the dog behind his house. when he saw us making efforts he showed up at our door ordering us to get rid of them immediate. I was stunned and refused to do so.
This didn't stop there, he started making numerous complaint which were completely false...
I am a working mom with two young ones ages 6 and 15months, i don't have time to handle this and no stamina to fight. With heavy heart I decided to find a new home for my German Shepherd. I spoke to a rescue group and they suggested i should not give up and talk to a lawyer.
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are there any restrictions on having a dog in the neighborhood?.

.

Who is the neighbor complaining to?

.

Have you been cited for any type of violation?

.

.

thanks