How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7351
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over 22 years ago I give My ex husband $ 25,000.00 at 15%.

Customer Question

Over 22 years ago I give My ex husband $ 25,000.00 at 15%. He agree to pay me only the interest until he had the full amount. He has given me $ 300.00 every month. I had signed paper from him but I lost them. Every body in the family knew of this arrangement Because I had to break 75,00.00 I had invested has an income. My ex is 80 years old and the woman he live with told him he will not pay me any more because she need the money for her self.( She has his power of attorney, and she told me what she say go,) I am 73 and that $300.00 are very important to me for my living, all I have is my SS check. My ex is a retire officer in the US Army. My children tell me to sue him. Is this possible? Do I stand a chanced? Should I see a lawyer? Please excuse my bed writing; I am Italian Thank you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Yes, you do stand a chance, even though your interest figure of $300 per month was too low by $12.50 per month. The question is, can you find a lawyer to handle the claim for a percentage of the recovery? I think if you do, your ex-husband and his POA are going to find it is better to settle with you and your attorney then to try to win the case in court.

If you have a follow up question, please send me a Reply for further information. If not, please rate my Answer so that I can close out the question. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.