How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of CA I was found guilty of pc 490.1 at which I

Customer Question

In the state of CA I was found guilty of pc 490.1 at which I was told to "stay out of trouble for the next 5 yrs and the court will close my case." I promptly paid the fine that day and have stayed out of trouble ever since, a little over 10 yrs now. After looking myself up on the case index through the courts website I noticed that the website states that my file has been "Purged." I know this is a good thing and most likely way better than an expungement, but I am still somewhat unclear as to where I stand now. In this context, what is a "Purged" file and what does/doesn't it do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just my original question.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like it was charged as an infraction and since the file was purged, there should not be any record of this.

I hope this information is helpful.