Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My mom was killed in an auto accident 4 weeks ago. Bodily

Customer Question
injury is only $50,000.00 on...
My mom was killed in an auto accident 4 weeks ago. Bodily injury is only $50,000.00 on the drivers policy. This will not even cover the doctors bills. We were told that was the maximum we could collect.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She just passed on friday and nothing has been done yet. progressvivecalled today with the offer.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure. Both my parents were in the same car and he is still in the hospital.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
9/14/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

I am so sorry for your loss.You may consider a personal injury lawyer here.You would need to sue the individual and Progressive covers the first $50k.You really would need lawyer here to check for assets or you can.If the defendant has a a house, rv, jet skis boat, etc it would be collectible.In that case a suit with your facts is worth while.I would try to seek out this yourself if you can before you commit to a PI lawyer because they work contingent fee but if this person is a "turnip" with no real assets , $50k without legal fees might be the best you are able to do.

Suing this person for wrongful death if they have no assets would be fruitless no matter the harm. I would spend a few bucks here on an asset search to see if they own anything that isn't exempt as I set out above.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Good nationwide one , there may be a fee..

http://www.locateassetsnow.com/?gclid=CIOB2q3dj88CFVc2gQodym0DsQ

Also did your mother have underinsured motorist coverage that comes into play as a claim her estate can file if she had it to at least cover rest of medical bills.

I am so sorry for your loss of loved one.I appreciate the chance to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your time.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

You are so welcome here is lawyer referral

East Tennessee:(###) ###-####br />Middle Tennessee:(###) ###-####br />Southeast Tennessee:(###) ###-####/p>

If there are assets here you can sue them.

If you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Thanks again.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

PI lawyers should consult with you locally for free.

Ray, Lawyer