How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hellom, I have an issue with one organization, that during

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have an issue with one organization, that during the summer was organizing summer camps for kids. I've paid full amount but on the second day of the camp my son got sick and they asked me to pick him up. I did. He had a sudden spike of fever. I waited for 24 hours during which my son was healthy and fever did return. So i brought him back to the camp as i would do at school. They refused to take him back but promised to refund the money. I waited until yesterday i had a chance to talk to the owner about my refund. She said she won't do it, and that it was my fault that i brought a sick child to the camp. She was very aggressive and rude. I don't know if I have a "case".
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: fever didn't return
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are in CA I don't remember the day of purchase but i can look it up.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Zoey,
Yes, I'm online
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

I am very sorry. I posted to this by accident. I'm going to opt out and someone else will take it over.

Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Stacy. Who made the promise to refund money? Was this verbal? If the camp refuses to return the money, you could file suit to recover the fees since they made a promise to refund. However, litigation is expense and lengthy. An option many people have had success with, at least in my state, is by contacting the Attorney General's office. They often act as an intermediary in consumer issues. I personally used them in my state for an issue regarding a refund that did not arrive as promised. They worked with me and the other company to reach a resolution. I had my refund within 2-3 days.

If you'd like to file suit, and can provide me with your county in CA, I can try to direct you to the appropriate forms. However, you need to ultimately decide if the amount owed is worth a lawsuit after factoring in filing fees and your time.

I hope this answers your question. If so, please kindly leave a positive rating. This is how Just Answer compensates experts for their time. Thank you. You can still ask followup questions after a rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was the business owner who promised me the refund. It was verbal.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Are you still here?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm in Santa Clara County, CA. Please direct me to the forms.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 10 months ago.

I apologize, I was assisting another customer. Give me a few moments.

Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for my delay. I had to step away to pick up my children and take them to gymnastics class. I have located this guide which walks you through the small claims process. The most important part of this is the link to the forms. I found them to be relatively self explanatory to where someone with little legal background could easily complete them and get things filed. However, if you find yourself over your head, you may seek the assistance of a local attorney.

I hope this answers your question. If you've found my information helpful, please kindly leave a positive rating. This is the only way experts are compensated on Just Answer. You can still ask followup questions, too, if needed.