How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a judgement against me in 2015. I was working with the

Customer Question

I had a judgement against me in 2015. I was working with the creditor They wanted me to make $150.00 payments I stated I could not do that and never signed the form. I told them I could make $50.00 payments and now all of a sudden they put a garnishment share on my savings account. Can they do that I didn't sign the 150.00 so the judge I guess ordered the garnishment. I'm confused because I through I was trying to work with them.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Coloraedo
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I just remember seeing the judgement last year and calling them to make payments. I did not see any forms for the garnishment except on my savings account when checking on that.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have any of my paper work with me now. I'm at work and very frustrated.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. The creditor is legally able to garnish any savings accounts, income, etc. to repay the debt.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.