How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16624
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife was turned away from the Chestnut Square apartment

Customer Question

My wife was turned away from the Chestnut Square apartment building between Gay and Chestnut streets in West Chester Pa yesterday because she didn`t have a valid photo ID.
Myself, my daughter and Mary Kay, ( my wife ), were there to look at apartments.
We were told a photo ID was needed, my wife`s was an expired drivers license.
We were told by the agent after she consulted with her manager that the old license was not sufficient.
I explained to her that MK had a stroke about two and a half years ago and because of
her injuries she was not allowed to drive.
Because of that she could not have an up to date drivers license.
We wre still turned away.
I sent them an e-mial yesterday expressing my displeasure with the way she was
treated but have not received a response.
Maybe I am making a big thing out of nothing.
I just wanted to hear what you think.
Tom Nash
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is legal for a landlord / management company to require valid government issued ID and if your wife does not have a valid driver license, she can obtain a non-driver ID from the DMV which will be considered a valid state issued ID.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.