ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

What is he statue of legal limitations in cases in Utah, Not

Customer Question

What is he statue of legal limitations in sexual cases in Utah
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not hat i know of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can not think of anything
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Forcible sexual abuse; Incest Within 8 years after the offense is committed, provided that the offense was reported to a law enforcement agency within 4 years after commission of the offense.

But for Rape; Rape of a child; Object rape; Object rape of a child; Forcible sodomy; Sodomy on a child; Aggravated sexual abuse of a child; Sexual abuse of a child; Aggravated sexual assault, there's no statute of limitations.

See: https://www.rainn.org/pdf-files-and-other-documents/Public-Policy/Legal-resources/2009-Statutes/09UtahStatutes.pdf

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★).

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.