How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33114
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My business is being sued by the state of north carolina. I

Customer Question

my business is being sued by the state of north carolina. I am in search of atty. I am located in lumberton north carolina
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the local news paper wrote a article one week ago, however we have not been contacted by the state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its the state comsumer division that bringing the action
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Are you seeking a referral or resource to find an attorney?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the clarification and your patience as I type your answer.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Also, the North Carolina State Bar maintains an excellent attorney referral service and you can contact them by phone at the LRS call center at(###) ###-####or by email at

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.