How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116756
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How cane I get a mechanic lean put on a vehicle that I have

Customer Question

how cane I get a mechanic lean put on a vehicle that I have for over two years
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A mechanic's lien is a "possessory lien" meaning you have a right to hold the vehicle for money due and as long as you do so you have a mechanic's lien. If you want to collect on the lien and get ownership of the vehicle, you need to file suit against the owner of the vehicle and you need to ask for payment due or court order granting you ownership of the vehicle in lieu of the payment due. Then the court would give you a court order if the owner cannot pay what is due.