How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118723
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a few questions... I live in bulloch county and a

Customer Question

I have a few questions... I live in bulloch county and a year and half ago I ended up with a dfacs case... I got a dui February -7-2014 and sice then I haven't had a drink at all never did drink or do drugs period... We'll since I got into some trouble dfacs has made go though drug and alcohol class 5 days a week for 4 hours.... NEVER in my 30 years pf living have a had any problems with alcohol or drugs... Now after 1and 1/2 still have a case and still sitting in group with no answers expect I am in denial they won't close my case... I do have 4 children that live with me... I am just trying to see what are My rights... I did have a court appointed attorney but she was so worried about making the judge mad to worry about my case.... All of my case workers form dfacs has tried many times to close it but the director of dfacs says no.... Is there any advice you can give me.... I have corporated with them all the way.. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Child services social workers are all the most negligent and incompetent bunch of individuals you will ever deal with. They will twist facts, lie and even fabricate evidence to achieve the outcome that they want in a case. Unfortunately, if their director is not allowing them to close the case, you would need more evidence that your substance abuse issue is handled and in remission and that would have to be based on reports from the substance abuse counselor from your group. A strong report from them that your counseling is no longer needed is what the director is likely waiting for in order to allow the social workers to close the case out. The court is going to be hesitant to order them to close a case in most all circumstances, which is why your court appointed attorney did not want to push it with the judge. You are going to have to convince DFACS with reports from your counselor that further group counseling or individual counseling is no longer necessary before the director will generally agree to close out the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the problem I have NEVER NEVER HAD A PROBLEM with substance abuse at all.... I have NEVER failed a drug test period...
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that, CPS forces many people through these hoops who casually used alcohol, but the fact remains you have an alcohol related incident and these social workers believe that makes you a bad person (we see it every single day) and in their warped minds anyone who sips one sip of an alcoholic beverage is bad, much less someone who has a DUI they consider them evil. So you need to get the evidence together from the counselor to support the fact that you have no issues and further counseling is not required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There not giving me nothing expect saying I'm in denial.... I not understanding how they can sit here and say that AMD all these other people who don't know who or what I live has a voice expect for me.... Will it help if I hire an attorney AND try to to have a voice with dfacs and group personal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It don't get why I can't get no paper work of any kind form any one... I have been trying to get attorney to answer my question but I have to give them money.... I have done everything they have asked me to do... Do I have any rights
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand your frustration, we get the same frustration from everyone who has to deal with child protection. Unfortunately, most attorneys who handle these cases all do it to make a living, so you have to pay. However, there are some out there who fight CPS as a specialty and may give discounts, you need to search in your area by contacting the KS bar and ask for the pro bono family law attorneys in your area.
You do have rights, but will have to go to court to fight for them. Again, if you do not get the counselor on your side from the alcohol program you are in, your fight will be very difficult.