How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27284
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Once you sign at the mediation but you feel you been

Customer Question

Once you sign at the mediation but you feel you been misrepresented is it possible to have a new one thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I request another mediation because I felt I was Miss LED to believe something that was not true I was told at the mediation from the mediator and my lawyer if we went to trial and we won at the trial I will still end up with nothing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I signed the settlement believing that they told me if we went to trial and I won I will still end up with nothing I feel like I was misled to get me to sign that settlement
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

If you entered into the agreement at mediation and it was a direct resulted of misrepresentation, then you could have grounds to ask that the court vacate the agreement and send the parties back. You would need to show that what was presented to you was inaccurate and you could also have a claim against your attorney, for failing to act in your best interest and properly advising you, so you can make an educated and informed decision. There is no way of knowing what the outcome of a case will be. The attorney can share with you your options and needs and has an obligation to disclose what may happen but at the end of the day, the decision is yours based upon accurate information. If it was not present, then you could have grounds to ask the Judge to vacate the settlement agreement

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!