How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1532
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to see if i can get my wifes boy friends phone

Customer Question

trying to see if i can get my wifes boy friends phone records
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: his records would be indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no...not yet....I know it happened ...but I need text or calling proof to get people to listen to me a bouncer got someone to put rupenol in my drink...that boucer is now talking to my wife
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do I start investigating this type of crime....??? plus night cops were involved in a separate scenario
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 11 months ago.

There are only two ways to get phone records of another person. The first is to get the police involved and have them investigate the situation. They would then subpoena the phone records.

The other way is that you would personally sue the wife's boyfriend for assault or battery. Then, as a result of the lawsuit, there will be discovery. During discovery, you can subpoena the phone records.