LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I am an independent contractor with Dr. Sucher. I provide

Customer Question

I am an independent contractor with Dr. Michael Sucher. I provide services for Community Bridges, Inc. Prior to beginning my contract six months ago, I was told Dr. Sucher could put me on his own mal practice with MICCA as a rider. I just found out today that he is charging me 10$ per hour for the rider.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Does your contract state that E&O coverage will be provided to you at no cost?

2. Why did you think that coverage would be provided at no charge to you?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not think it would be provided at no charge. I also did not think it would cost 1400$ a month when medical mal practice premiums for psychiatrists are at the most 17,000 a year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He "forgot" to charge me and now is taking 10,000$ all at once
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Understood. How can I help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is legal for MICA to charge 10$ an hour for a rider to then pay dividends in the millions to the policy holders? So basically this is like a retirement investment
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

It is perfectly legal if you want to be on that Rider. Your option is to get your own coverage---which quite frankly as an independent contractor, you really should have anyway so you are not constantly paying a huge premium for a "tail", every time you change positions.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug