How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1452
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to set up a 501(C) non-profit for a local chapter of

Customer Question

I want to set up a 501(C) non-profit for a local chapter of a nationally recognized non-profit organization in California. How do I do that?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello and good afternoon. I wanted to establish a local charter of a nationally recognized non-profit, The Troops of Saint George, but need help filling out the appropriate 501(c) paperwork. The paperwork I started filling out from LegalZoom implies that I am starting the NPO from scratch.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.
There are a few ways of going about this. Usually the national organization would want you to start a new California NPO, that is duly registered under California law. First you should check with the organization and see if they require you to start a new NPO, if they do have that requirement then legal zoom is correct, and you must start new.