Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I section 35 my daughter 3 weeks ago and is doing good I

Customer Question

I section 35 my daughter 3 weeks ago and is doing good I want her put in private program so I need to reverse the section how do I do this??
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times.

The Court signs off on Section 35 after a hearing, if it believes that

1. There is a medical diagnosis of alcoholism or substance abuse, AND
  2. A likelihood of serious harm to the subject or others as a result of the substance abuse exists.

There is no mechanism in law to "cancel" "reverse" the Court's commitment even if the Judge agreed to the commitment. What you would have to do (or if the daughter is over 18, then she) is to file a Motion for Reconsideration or a straight appeal, and request that the Court reverse its position. However, that is unlikely once the Court has found probable cause to commit, even if you were the original party requesting it.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.