How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bea Nocera I have been trying to get my son's record

Customer Question

Bea Nocera
I have been trying to get my son's record expunged for over two months. He is 100% disabled. He met all the state requirements. case # ***** He should not have to continue to be refused a decent place to live and keep being punished for this. I am not asking for a pardon or clemency but for all the crimes listed to be expunged. I have Contacted Governor Scott and Florida Law Enforcement and keep getting the run around. I would appreciate any advise'
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

It appears that the court is refusing to rule on your application for some reason. I would recommend that use first use this link to hire an attorney to find out what the hold up is since an expungment application should normally be processed within 9 months. If the court is refusing to rule on the issue, you may want to with the application and refile hoping to get a different judge or file a madamus action with the appellate court which is order the lower court to act; but it cannot tell it when to act.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.