How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been served a civil subpoena from a law firm

Customer Question

I've been served a civil subpoena from a law firm representing a Florida based company. I loss the case in Florida and I still believe I should've won. I'm interested in any way of vacating it or fighting it.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not by me...just FP&L has hired a company to serve the export motion to appoint private process server & associated judgemetn
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a foreign judgement. I really don't have the capacity to pay it. I'm requested to turnover several documents (income tax statements, insurance, etc..)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Were you served with notice of the lawsuit in Florida? Did you appear to fight it? IF NOT, have you ever lived or worked in Florida?

Beyond that, what are your legal reasons for believing you should have won the case? When was the judgment entered?