How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted of welfare fraud 3 years ago I received

Customer Question

I was convicted of welfare fraud 3 years ago I received 5years probation 41,789,67 fine and 200 hrs of community service and just recently I received a witness paper to come to court against someone who was involved in the same case but I have no idea about the person
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Am I being added to the other person case? Do I have to worry about ?
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

You wrote that you received "a witness paper". Do you mean you were served with a subpoena? Please describe the paper you received and please tell me who sent it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
a subpoena plus the paper work from my case that I mentioned
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The District attorney had two plain clothes females bring it to my house on two different accessions the first said on call the second one be in court then I received the paper work
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 11 months ago.

You can call the DA and ask why you were subpoenaed when you do not know the person who was charged in the new case. If the DA realizes that you do not gave any relevant testimony, he or she might just withdraw the subpoena.