Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My mother husband died a couple months ago and she keeps

Customer Question
getting a bill from a...
My mother husband died a couple months ago and she keeps getting a bill from a credit card company even though he had insurance on the credit card they keep telling her that they will take her house even though the credit card bill was 1,800 or might have been more can they take her house. over a credit card that was taken out buy her died husband they said her name was on the credit card but she doesn't remember sign for it. they would not talk to her when she call the credit card company the first time they sent the letter because the card was under her husbands name. She sent the card company her husbands death certificate and other documents they asked for. but they said she still owes the money or they will take her house.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has she signed anything agreeing to be liable for the credit card?

Was the house owned with her late husband in joint tenancy with right of survivorship?

Are you online with me?

Tina, Lawyer