How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 108690
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married an Africain. He lied to me saying how much he

Customer Question

I married an Africain. He lied to me saying how much he loves me and how he wanted to take care of me and do things together. He is mentally cruel, lying, does not really care anything for me, and he is messing around on me. I have to work 2 jobs so he can be here. He has a job, which I hooked him up with. He lives her like he is a room mate and not a husband. So in reality he married me for my money, which I heard someone say to him on the phone. Why am I going to stayed married to this man who doesn't love me? I want a divorce and I want him sent back to Africa. What do I do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Did he get his 2 year green card or 10 year green card? What evidence do you have that he only married you for the green card?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2 test card. Hé was having conversation on thé phone with someone in Africa and she Saïd, everyone knows you married her for her money. He didn't even reply.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

You may have to have a little more than that to get him deported. Sometimes marriages just fall apart. Sometimes people want revenge against the person that is leaving, so will you be able to prove that he only married you or the green card and not that you are just trying to get revenge?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I first thought he really loved me. We had been communicating on the phone and the net for 13 years. Before we got married. Revenge no. I can't deal with his abuse. We never do anything together, other people ask him to do something he does this. He doesn't want to pay rent. He buys food just for himself. Its like having a roommate and not a husband. He don't even want me to touch him when we are in the bed. I mean I can get too close to him and my arm will touch him and he gets an attitude.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Well, you need to try to gather more evidence like emails, phone recordings, witness statements and whatever else you can get together. The more you have, the better it is. This is important because there are two big penalties for marriage fraud.

The first under 18 U.S.C. § 1325(c), provides a penalty of up to five years imprisonment and up to $250,000 fine for any "individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws."

The second is a permanent bar to ever getting Residency again meaning that even if he marries another U.S. Citizen or even if he has U.S. Citizen children, he cannot get Residency and without that, he could be deported.

You can report marriage fraud by contacting the local USCIS field office. Here is a link:

You should have evidence of the marriage fraud handy in case they want to ask you questions or have you send evidence to them.

Don't let him get away with it!

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Mary. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.