Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I have a small resale/consignment store in Kankakee County,

Customer Question

I have a small resale/consignment store in Kankakee County, Illinois. I allowed a customer to take merchandise out of my store on credit and now they are refusing to pay. What actions can I take? I was considering putting a notice in a local newspaper but not sure if that is allowed. I call them daily asking for them to pay or return the merchandise, no response. Can I ask the local police to go there with me to pick up my unpaid for merchandise?
Thanks Much for your help,
Amy Kolodziej
Attic Addict Upscale Resale
370 N. Locust St., Manteno, IL 60950 (###) ###-####
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hi Amy. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. Your best course of action would be small claims court. The police dont generally get involved in property disputes of this nature. I wouldn't go the newspaper route b/c then you open yourself up to defamation claims. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.

Hello. I noticed that you have not yet rated the answer. Could I answer anything else for you before you submit your rating?