Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My partner and I own an LLC Company jointly through which we

Customer Question
conduct basketball personal training, camps...
My partner and I own an LLC Company jointly through which we conduct basketball personal training, camps & clinics. We are in two separate states and run some work individually and some work together all under the same company and brand. There has been interest from other individuals in joining our training team, however, we are not looking to hire individuals other the company.
To this point, we have brought on two individuals to help who maintain their own individual LLCs & Liability Insurance, however, they work under the brand and we support them in helping them grow their business.
My question is....
In this sort of a situation, where additional "team members" essentially function as contractors who support the brand, is it essential that they maintain their own individual LLC and Liability Insurance to alleviate any liability on our behalf? Secondly, if they are running an event for us and, an issue were to arise, will we still be protected given that the event is under our name?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2016
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard, Attorney

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

You need not worry about being personally liable for actions of those engaged by your LLC to perform actions on behalf of your LLC. These others are simply contractors of your LLC, not of you and your partner personally. So, if there is an issue, it's only your LLC which would have any potential exposure. As owners of the LLC, you and your partner would not be at risk personally.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney