How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had my wages garnished after the case was taken to

Customer Question

I have had my wages garnished after the case was taken to court. The result of the court was a dismissal. How can the company garnish my wages if the case was dismissed. What are my options? What should I do next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the case and judgment against you was dismissed, they cannot legally garnish your wages. If the case was dismissed, that means it was vacated and you need to file a motion in court for an order to show cause for contempt of court, since their garnishment on an invalid judgment violates the court dismissal order and ask the court to order the return of your money, plus attorney's fees and sanctions in the amount equal to the wages taken for penalty for them illegally garnishing your wages.