Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had the same question as mentioned in the post, NJ, No, no

Customer Question
Hi I had the same...
Hi I had the same question as mentioned in the post
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no can't think of any
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Can you explain the facts and what question you have? There are posts that are placed on the website every minute or so and there's not enough information here to know what you're looking for.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My fiancée has been divorced for 3 years now. She was "vegas" married and filed for divorce a week later. We're planning on getting married this month in nj. Her father doesn't know. The certificate will be signed by the imam i.e religious person in front of both parents.Is there any way she can leave out her divorce in her application, and amend it after the ceremony with the city?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would you think would be the best approach (besides honesty lol)

Actually, the best thing would have been to get the marriage annulled at the time.

Does the marriage certificate in NJ require information about the divorce or just the application for the marriage license?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure, I wanted to see if you might know...

Normally you wouldn't put that on the marriage license, that is only put on the application for marriage license which is filed with the clerk of courts. The presiding official, your Imam based on what you have put above, doesn't see anything that has to do with the divorce. They only see and sign off on the marriage license and/or the marriage certificate.

What I'd recommend is to go and apply for the license and then see what they give you. I'm not aware of any marriage licenses/certificates that have any info about the divorce, regardless of the religion.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney