How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a merit trial in Maryland scheduled for 1:15 pm

Customer Question

I have a merit trial in Maryland scheduled for 1:15 pm today. It is a credit card balance for $1,500. $800 is for a product for which I refused delivery and the charge was never removed from the credit card. I do not have any records, closed the account two years ago. I notified the court that I was going to challenge the amount of the debt when I received the Summons. I also faxed the plaintiffs attorney a letter saying I wanted the credit card records for 2013 so I could establish the date of the purchase and request proof from the company that they delivered the item, (which they did not, I refused it) I received no reply from the attorney. I cannot follow up with the credit card company, I do not have the account number, only the last four digits, the rest has been blanked out in the Plaintiffs documents. What can I ask the Judge to do at today's hearing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.