How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a person that is blankly harassing me, stalking me,

Customer Question

I have a person that is blankly harassing me, stalking me, and more recently decided to take their harassment to a site that maintains tax preparer credentials. They continue to come back after the site removed very abusive comments they post under fake names and locations. On additional they post defamation on other sites and believe they are "getting way with it". The post are averaging at least two a week now and no signs of stopping.
The response to a public cease and desist was this. I was advise not to respond nor communicate with the poster as they make attempts to try to communicate and think they can simply do whatever they want. The new atte to at communication is this...Posted as a review on tax buzz. Tax buzz has been taking down these false reviews again and again. Why someone would stalk this site that does not utilized services and post something like this up is, also expressing guilt in the harassment.
I need to know what can be done. They are trying to find justification for abusive postings, staking and harassment.
"I never used her services but she looks attractive. I just use turbotax or taxact, which makes filing taxes pretty easy. I'm surprised people still use services like this. With regards ***** ***** legal threats she has posted though I think something can be said to that.(###) ###-####Unlawful use of computerized communication systems This law tries to criminalize annoying, abusive, and offensive speech. It was a law passed in 1995, a year before the a similar law was passed on the federal level called communication decency act of 1996. The communication decency act was declared unconstitutional. Other states like new york struck down "anti-harassment" laws similar to Wisconsin's unlawful use of a communication system. Someone shouldn't have to be afraid about losing their freedoms for posting something annoying or offensive online. If you are being charged with this law, issue a constitutional challenge to that law. This goes directly against the first amendment to make a law which violates someone's rights to express themselves."
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you know who this person is that is harassing and stalking you?
Have you reported the stalking to the police? Or the FBI if they are in another state?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been reported to the FBI Internet crime division, but so far nothing has been done. The person continues to spam up google results and thinks they are under anonymity with their behavior. It is very likely an ex.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Until you know who it is, all you can do go to the police and also the FBI office in person ( is pretty much for reporting scams and it is pretty useless). It is illegal and against the law to engage in online or computerized stalking or electronic harassment, even though some states have eliminated certain laws. It is also defamation/libel to post false statements about someone. However, until the person is specifically identified there is very little you can do other than report it to the police and go directly into the FBI to report it and have them identify the abuser.