How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30167
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a disabled veteran with a service dog. The condo

Customer Question

I am a disabled veteran with a service dog. The condo association where I live is giving me a hard time about the dog because I am not deaf or blind. I am having a hard time finding a lawyer to help me. Every civil rights lawyer I look up on the internet really does not have ADA in their profiles. I need an attorney pretty quick. Where do I go?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The ADA actually doesn't apply to private housing, so what you're looking for is a lawyer that has experience with Fair Housing Act violations. A good place to find someone is But if you can't find someone with "FHA" or "fair housing", you can also try "reasonable accommodation" or you can email lawyers that only list "discrimination" to see if they'll accept this type of case.

Good luck.