How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118648
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just to say thanks very much-- you saved me a trip to the

Customer Question

Just to say thanks very much-- you saved me a trip to the courthouse and a long wait on the phone.
It has been horrific enough to have these health issues with constant diarrhea and 35K out-- but to have to go to juvenile court and track her progress and apply for Victims assistance thru the sate and then small claims has been a real strain. I have spent 150 hrs on this and really don't expect to get anything in return-- they are too legal savvy.
Relieved you agree they are responsible. Thanks again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You are right, if they have no money, you would likely not get anything from them, but having a judgment against them would at least give you the rights to have a way to try to collect in the event that they get some assets in the future. If they come into assets in the future and you have a judgment, you could collect on the judgment, but you would have to keep track of the family to see if they ever get any money.