How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We own a tea room in Oregon and have registered the name as

Customer Question

Hi we own a tea room in Oregon and have registered the name as DBA "Tea's Me" with the state of Oregon in 2003 with a BIN number and the Fed's with a EIN number. We own and since 2004. We have food service and sell bags of loose leaf tea, scone mix and curds under the "Tea's Me" name. On 8/28/16 we got a letter from china from a company that wants to use the following domain names:
My mother just passed and we were finalizing funeral arrangements yesterday (Friday 9/7/16) when we got home we had this email:
"Dear Sirs,
Notice: hi, i am ***** *****. We had discussed the case about disputing your company's brand name. You have never registered the brand name, the dispute period will come soon. If your company does not register the brand name, we will start aforesaid company registration within 2 workdays. That company will become the legal owner of the brand name in the world. We had notified you, so we are not responsible for any dispute question about your intellectual property right and trademark after they succeed in registration. If you have any questions, pls contact us within 2 workdays.
Best regards,
Frank Wu
Tel:+86.5516 3491 191
Fax:+86.5516 3491 192
No.1,Xingshun Building,Fengyang Road,Hefei China"
We are just a small Ma & Pa shop and make less than $20-25K a year. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?